By Nia Pearson
Most businesses at some point face the challenge of growth. Without having an effective marketing plan that includes an email marketing strategy you are missing opportunities to connect to your target audience.
With so many marketing options available to grow your small business, the “one thing” we recommend at Marketing 4 Real Results, (M4RR) to all our clients is to have a touch point in email marketing. Email marketing allows you to send customized messages to large groups of people. Emails can be checked leisurely with smartphones, computers and tablets. This makes email marketing a top priority for all companies.
Get Integrated Email Marketing Solutions
At Marketing 4 Real Results, we are always focused on adding creative marketing solutions to your marketing mix that supports your business goals and objectives. As a strategic agency we seek personalization, segmentation and a targeted approach to all marketing campaigns. If you are looking for an opportunity to engage your audience, building a successful email marketing campaign should be at the top of your list.We expand your vision and use our marketing expertise to capture your target audience’s attention. We will zoom in on your specific audience preferences to make the connection with your target audience and elevate your business to the next level.
Although the strategy of email marketing is sometimes overlooked, email marketing is not a new concept and is a part of most business models. Reviewing and evaluating your email marketing campaign results is one of the most important pieces of the process. Knowing when your audiences is opening emails from you and which content they are viewing you are able to make critical business decisions. By adding an additional layer of communication like a phone call can improve your campaign results.
It is our goal at Marketing 4 Real Results to lead our client’s campaigns to the maximum level of success and we do that with an integrated marketing approach. Streamlined unity and removing silos is what separates M4RR from other marketing agencies. We focus on combining the aspects of all business functions to create successful marketing campaigns.
Effective Email Marketing Integration
If executed with a considerable amount of care and aligned to the advancement of your overall digital marketing footprint email marketing will continue to stand strong and be one of the most powerful ways to deliver the right message, to the right person, at the right time. Remember that everyone is busy so having a consistent method to communicate with your audience is a none intrusive way is a great way to stay at the top of their minds.
Top 5 Reasons To Use Email Marketing To Grow Your Business
- Advanced automation tool
- Excellent Source of customer data
- Affordability of email marketing makes it easy
- Simple integration to other marketing channels
- Cost effective way to reach customers on mobile devices
Top 5 Questions To Ask Before Getting With Email Marketing
- What business goal does email marketing support?
- Who are you targeting?
- How often will you send emails?
- What would you like anyone reading to do?
- What kind of content is going to be shared?
Always consider email marketing when adding another touch point with your targeted audience. This does not require a complicated initiative or a huge marketing budget. Step by step you can accomplish success in your email marketing strategy to make this channel one of your top performing marketing mediums.
How To Get Started With Email Marketing?
- Personalize your message to build trust
- Use subject lines with 70 characters or more – engage readers better
- Segment Subscribers List – Speak to a direct need
- A/B Test: Copy, Text color, design, buttons, times and call to action
- Mobile Responsive Design
- Delivery time – 8:00 p.m. to midnight will return the best open rates. Competition is lower and people are less busy during the evening hours
Metrics To Track:
- Click through rates
- Pages viewed
- Open times
Email Marketing Personalization At A Glance
At first glance, getting started with email marketing may look fairly simple, beginning with the end goal in mind is critical. Setting up email marketing campaigns for advanced personalization will offer effective email results. Having a goal to resonate the best message to the right recipients can be accomplished with personalization. This strategy allows your unique brand to feed the exact needs of the buyers. Paying attention to the likes and dislikes of the target audience by using data and predictive analysis will allow a more concentrated marketing approach. Having a specific niche will not only make creating a target audience easier, but it will attract the attention to your specific business.
Email Marketing Best Practice with Data and Personalization
By focusing on the methods that increase campaign performance and customer insights from data you are operating from the right direction. Aligning a business objective to actions and optimizing with current data will continually increase engagement.
What You Need to Know About Email Marketing?
- Unique Opens – This number indicates how many individual contacts have opened your email for the first time.
- Open Rate – An email’s open rate is the percentage of recipients who opened your email compared to how many contacts were sent. (The percentage of opens is calculated by dividing the number of unique opens by the number of emails sent excluding the number of bounces.)
Example: 5 individuals are sent an email, 1 email bounces, and 2 individuals open the email. The Open Rate is calculated like this: Open Rate = [Unique opens (2) / (Emails sent (5) – Emails Bounced (1))] = 1/2, or 50%
- Your Average – This is the average opens across all of the emails you’ve sent. It’s calculated by adding all of your open rates and dividing by the number of campaigns.
- Industry Average – If you selected an industry in your Business Profile, we can compare how your email did compared with others in the same industry.
- Opens by Specific Contacts – When you click on the hyper-linked number of unique opens, this is where you can see:
- Which contacts opened the email
- The last time the contact opened the email
What is the average email open rate?
Email open rates vary by industry and can be used a parameters for evaluating your results. Our business partner, Constant Contact put together the below comprehensive list by industry as a guideline for your email marketing campaign.
M4RR is a full service strategic marketing agency located in the city of Sherman Oaks, in Greater Los Angeles California. At M4RR we focus on creating strategic integrated marketing campaigns. Our capabilities include strategy planning, email marketing, social media marketing, digital mobile marketing, content marketing, SEO, branding, marketing plan development, marketing consultation and event marketing. We also partner with the best website designers, video marketing companies, SEO experts, advertising agencies and more to ensure we can fully support the business goals of our clients.
Contact M4RR today to get started with an email marketing campaign and elevate your business to the next level.